The Mystery of the Modern Shopper
Covid changed consumer shopping habits, thus, accelerating the adoption of omni-channel behaviors. As consumers transition to the new normal, marketers are seeing a motley mix of purchase paths.
- 73% of US consumers changed stores, brands, or the way they shop.
- 46% of shoppers tried digital purchases for the first time. Of those, half plan to continue post-pandemic.
- 61% of consumers are “ready to go” with returning to normal pre-pandemic behavior.
- Buy Online, Pickup In-Store (BOPIS) usage has grown by nearly 500% due to the pandemic.
The biggest problem? No one knows which channel individual shoppers will choose: In-store, BOPIS, Delivery, D2C. Yet, we do know modern shoppers crave convenience.
- 78% of consumers value convenience more now than they did before the pandemic.
- 45% of shoppers are more inspired to make a purchase by convenience than price.
Solving the Mystery
Shoppable social ads address both issues, especially for consumer products brands. A retail presence in social channels or on marketplaces is key to reaching your customers and where they want to shop; moreover, shoppable social ads should be at the forefront of your social strategy. Recent statistics show that over 80% of shoppers favor shopping on digital platforms and over 67% of shoppers have already purchased items through Facebook.
These findings demonstrate why using social ads in a post-covid consumer environment is a necessity.
- 76% of shoppers made impulse purchases via social channels due to the ease of purchase
- More than four in five shoppers prefer shopping via social platforms
- 82% of customers enjoy the convenience of social shopping
- 71% of customers would rather complete transactions on social applications rather than through the actual retail site
As we move into a post-pandemic environment, brands are having to pivot their ecommerce strategies to adapt to this high consumer engagement with social shopping. Shoppable ads have made it easier for brands to pivot with confidence. With shoppable ads, the consumer journey is creative to cart in one click, activating passive shoppers to discover your products on social media from the comfort of their couch. Shoppable ads allow consumers to drop products directly into store shopping carts straight from your brand’s Facebook and Instagram ads, making eCommerce lightweight and frictionless.
A study by SmartCommerce reveals every additional step between intent and purchase loses 80% of the interested shoppers, so it is important for your brand to drive impulse purchases with shoppable ads, removing the friction between “Yes, I want that!” and the purchase process.
Shoppable ads provide numerous benefits:
- Reduce “click friction”
- Protect from retailer ads/cross-selling
- Instantly convert the shopper
- A/B test digital shopping against brick & mortar
- Offer multiple paths to conversion – in-store, BOPIS, delivery, and click to cart
Shoppable ads provide the flexibility of directing to one retailer or multiple retailers.
Additionally, Shoppable ads dramatically increase long-term and offline purchases by:
- Building awareness with retailer retargeting
- Establishing your brand on the consumer’s digital shopping list → driving future purchases
- Reminding offline shoppers who use digital carts as virtual shopping lists
- Moving the brand up on retailer-side SEO/SEM results for that user
Tiger Pistol is the only platform able to collapse the funnel by driving transactions digitally and off-line. This allows marketers to gain a greater understanding of their consumers at the local level: where consumers are shopping from, which consumers are shopping where, and the different purchase paths the consumers take. With this knowledge, marketers can serve the right ad to the right audience with the right call to action that resonates with the target audience’s preferred purchase method.
Mystery solved! Interested in integrating shoppable ads into your social strategy, Contact Tiger Pistol Today.